Saudi Arabia .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia .

WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump expressed “great confidence” in Saudi leaders Monday amid an ongoing anti-corruption push, writing in a tweet, “They know exactly what they are doing.” In a two-part Twitter message sent from Tokyo, Trump said he has great confidence in King Salman and the crown prince, adding some of the arrested people “have been ‘milking’ their country for years!” Trump is addressing the arrests of prominent Saudi royals and business leaders ordered by a committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post

Comment

Ive no words left for this complete idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          Ive no words left for this complete idiot
          Don't worry about that ......he's plenty .

Tweet you later

Comment

I taught he looked well in his combat jacket ,I’d say that rocket man was shitting himself

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
              I taught he looked well in his combat jacket ,I’d say that rocket man was shitting himself
              A Louis Copeland job .....for deffo .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                A Louis Copeland job .....for deffo .
                LOL.......I think the Shiites have hit the fan......
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Going to sound really thick here, but can someone explain what all this is about? Can't seem to find much online.......

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    Going to sound really thick here, but can someone explain what all this is about? Can't seem to find much online.......
                    Well Toe....In a nutshell....One of the Princes has locked up half his relative princes and rich men....because he wants to consolidate his own power as head prince in waiting.

Those locked up are accused of corruption among other stuff.....and they are prisoners in what was a hotel.....It's caused major shake up at a sensitive time....but he's done it anyway.

Here ye go....the Guardian has a good one on it here =
                    Detention of more than 30 of kingdom’s senior figures in hotel highlights how kingdom depends on historic tribal loyalty to secure royal family’s reign

Comment

i'm still confused, is it a good or bad thing this guy is doing, and what's it got to do with Trump?

Comment

i'm still confused, is it a good or bad thing this guy is doing, and what's it got to do with Trump?
                        Well, it looks like [MBS] is consolidating his power and making sure that there will be no obstacles to him becoming king when his father either dies or abdicates. His father is King Salman, and he’s 81 years old and not in very good health. So I see it as, first, a consolidation of power, but also a trend towards a new style of governance in Saudi Arabia where power is going to be concentrated in one person, whereas previously power was shared among a number of senior princes.
                        There’s been some suggestion, including in David Ignatius’ column, that the prince huddled with Jared Kushner, and got some sort of OK from the Trump administration before making these arrests. I don’t know how much you buy that, but how important do you think it is for the Saudis to get the American OK for taking action like this?

Well, I think the one bit of evidence that would, to me, support that thesis is the fact that Trump took time out on his trip to Asia to call the king and congratulate him on modernization, or the drive for modernization. He didn’t say anything about the arrests, but for Trump to go out of his way while he has North Korea on his mind, to call the king to congratulate him on his progress in modernizing the kingdom, strikes me as really unusual and would suggest or give credence to the thesis that Jared was in Saudi Arabia, at least partly, to support MBS for what they were about to do. He may have been there for other reasons. He’s supposed to be trying to find a solution to the Palestinian problem and the Saudis are important in that issue.

Comment

okay.....so bad, then......

Comment

I was under the impression that the Saudis would never give a visa to a Jew.Jared Kushner is Jewish.Politics make strange bedfellows.

Comment

okay.....so bad, then......
                              Well yeah.....a bag o spanners really.....but bad overall id say.......when we look for stability in that neck of the woods the Saudis stand out.....not perfect by a long chalk......but if we're to have them at all....best to have them on side......same as the Israelis ......just my opinion and i know a lot wouldnt agree......but when ye look around the region Who else is their you'd rather be in bed with.
                              (Note to self; TF quinners not here or id be in for a pasting over saying Israelis were good guys to parley with).

Comment

Working...
                              X