Be interesting to see ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be interesting to see ....

If this decision is overturned .... Google refused permission for new Dublin data centre (rte.ie)​ .

As it stands , there are 82 operational at the moment , which uses 21% of all electricity ...... another 14 under construction and planning approved for another 40 , if they all proceed they'll be using almost 35% of the national grid .

Is it just mine showing or has all posts gone missing ... ? .

Anyways , they've filed their appeal , just wait and see how long it takes and the outcome .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      Is it just mine showing or has all posts gone missing ... ? .

Anyways , they've filed their appeal , just wait and see how long it takes and the outcome .
      seems to be 2 different threads

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
        If this decision is overturned .... Google refused permission for new Dublin data centre (rte.ie)​ .

As it stands , there are 82 operational at the moment , which uses 21% of all electricity ...... another 14 under construction and planning approved for another 40 , if they all proceed they'll be using almost 35% of the national grid .
        Still , it’s something we need to develop, it would be foolish to miss out on a potential business opportunity for the country. Apparently we are a very attractive location for data centres due to the climate here.

Comment

There was an article in today's paper about a company harnessing the heat from these centres and turning it into energy

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post

seems to be 2 different threads
            Thanks be o Christ .... thought I was going gunner-eyed .

Comment

Originally posted by Bo View Post

Still , it’s something we need to develop, it would be foolish to miss out on a potential business opportunity for the country. Apparently we are a very attractive location for data centres due to the climate here.
              Still think it's a astonishing amount consumption for such few buildings .... even if there is a byproduct as Vico mentioned .

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                There was an article in today's paper about a company harnessing the heat from these centres and turning it into energy
                They have been doing this in Tallaght for a while with a data centre

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                  They have been doing this in Tallaght for a while with a data centre
                  Someone told me that Tallaght Hospital get free hot water from a data centre

Comment

Working...
                  X