This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tommie View Post
    Well he got a good send off,,,I would have gotten the last trip in a Wheelie Bin,,care of Dublin Corporation
    LOL...Wheelie ? there's posh....Me ? Ash Ben.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• At least they didn't cremate him...They'd never have put the fire out.

Rare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rare Bennett View Post
        At least they didn't cremate him...They'd never have put the fire out.

Rare.
        Ha haaa......good one

Comment

• When I was very young we lived in Pembroke Road. My mother used to take us for a walk along the canals to visit her mother in Clanbrassil St. Brendan was often hanging around inside or outside the newsagent at Baggot St bridge, waiting for the pubs to open. If he was flush he would buy us an ice-cream in Cofolla's. He used to drink in Searson's but along with Paddy Kavanagh got barred from there.
          Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

• Four well known North Inner-City Pubs long demolished but well remembered by North Inner City residents. All photos courtesy of Dublin Public Libraries Digital site.

Gerry Nangles Pub corner of Summerhill and Lower Rutland Street, Dublin 1

Murrays Pub Lower Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1

The Diamond Bar, Gloucester Diamond, Dublin 1

The Peacock Pub junction of Marlboro Street, and the now disappeared Waterford Street, Dublin 1

Comment

• Gerry Nangle

I met Gerry Nangle a few years ago and we chatted about his pub in Summerhill. I asked him if it was difficult running a business like his in the inner city and he told me " My customers were the best people to deal with, never any problems...in fact the regulars would never allow any nonsence from trouble makers that might come in looking for trouble. Gerry who never drank alcohol is retired from the pub trade and enjoying his retirement with his wife Kitty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I met Gerry Nangle a few years ago and we chatted about his pub in Summerhill. I asked him if it was difficult running a business like his in the inner city and he told me " My customers were the best people to deal with, never any problems...in fact the regulars would never allow any nonsence from trouble makers that might come in looking for trouble. Gerry who never drank alcohol is retired from the pub trade and enjoying his retirement with his wife Kitty.
                Good to hear that Gerry is well. I was one of the locals. In fact in the pic of his old pub you can see my old school, a small part of Terry Kelly's pub and the Phoenix laundry. (I lived next door to Terry Kelly's).

I have sampled the national beverage in all of Peg other photos, including the one that was in Waterford Street.

Thanks Martin and Pegasus.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Glasnevin 31st May 1818
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Cook St, They have been up before but always worth seeing again
                      Attached Files

Comment

• great photos guys.

Comment

• saw this one on facebook and liked it
                          Last edited by bigby; 23-09-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• The Royal
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X