X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what great memories guys.

Comment

Dont know where you get these great pics fom Nansson , your like Felix the Cat, just keep pulling them out of your bag

Many thanks , have a great weekend

Comment

Yeah,great pics Nansson,you're bringing many happy memories back to a lot of us here on the site

Comment

i'm sitting here crying.....i remember when i lost my little blue bag of salt.......
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

THE fourpenny rush or shouldi say three wings and two makes ( four jamjars and two porter bottles ) into the the tivo was like going to a uni with fleas. the learning and memory training obtained was my most enjoyable source of education (hated school ) all kids could recite the film their pals . (those who had no beer bottles or jamjars ) . i sold my beer bottles etc to a rag and scrap dealer just off meath st . i was one of the first recycling contractors are the greens listening. by the way paudge i never seen an aussie cowboy film .the mind boggles must have been a bugger trying to roundup and rope those cantankerous roos. what would gene and roy say if confronted by a large rat like hopping (sorry hopalong) roos .. oh paudge i hope you dont mind and i hope im not putting too much of a strain on your rescourses but i always have a double jameson chaser with my pint. ha.. ha
            May You Be In Heaven Before The Devil Knows You're Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
              Good one P
              The first Australian Cowboy Movie I saw was " Robbery Under Arms " about

1958 in The De-Luxe Cinema Camden Street.Peter Finch played the part of

Captain Starlight.Even at the tender age of 12 I knew there was something

different with the accents.This Movie also had David McCallum and his wife

Jill Ireland in the cast.She eventually went on to marry Charles Bronson.

David became" The Invisiable Man "and also starred in " The Man From Uncle "

There were also some Actors like Ronald Lewis,Vincent Ball Maureen Swanson,

Laurnece Naismith who would pop up in many other Movies over the years.
              Last edited by camden; 27-06-2012, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by camden View Post
                The first Australian Cowboy Movie I saw was " Robbery Under Arms " about

1958 in The De-Luxe Cinema Camden Street.Peter Finch played the part of

Captain Starlight.Even at the tender age of 12 I knew there was something

different with the accents.This Movie also had David McCallum and his wife

Jill Ireland in the cast.She eventually went on to marry Charles Bronson.

David became" The Invisiable Man "and also starred in " The Man From Uncle "

There were also some Actors like Ronald Lewis,Vincent Ball Maureen Swanson,

Laurnece Naismith who would pop up in many other Movies over the years.
                i remember seeing that movie.......i would be thirteen then.....

Comment

used to go to the Whitehall cinema on Saterdays
                  they ran a matine with a B & W Super man story that always finished with a cliff hanger to get you back the following week.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The Follyinupper

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                      The Follyinupper
                      i'm flash gordon...ming won't kill me....

Comment

Dantro The Planet Man

Comment

Yep! you always got your 8/d worth, Batman was another one, they drove an old Buick that blew smoke as they headed back to the Bat cave in the side of the hill. I think it was made in the late forties or early fifties .

How inocent we were in those days , I used to meet my girlfriend inside , no point in paying for her , there was something about the joy of seeing her , it was like winning the lotery, I always took a friend along so he could team up with her friend.
                          Another late photo of the Fairview under new owners Sigh !
                          Attached Files

Comment

The follyinuppers were great but I dont think I ever saw the whole 12 or 15 chapters.The nearest I got to seeing every episode was Flash Gordon starring Larry Crabbe on the Broadway,Robert Middleton played Ming The Merciless.By the way OlddubI had that pint for you last Tuesday but no chaser I'm afraid,only drink whiskey in the house.I didn't go up to Stoneybatter,stayed down the Smithfield area.Had a few in McGettigans of Queen St.It was closed down for 4 years,they gave it a nice facelift and reopened it earlier this year.Got chatting to a chap who came from Queen St and lives in Bow St now but I didn't know him from my time in the neighbourhood though we have a few people in common.

Comment

Any one remember the follyinupper The Durango kid the part was played by charles starrett . he dressed allin black on a white horse. regarding flash gordon . flash was played by buster crabbe and dale arden was played by jean rogers .. i think ming was played by my last christian brother .ah well he had the personality for it if not mings good looks????? . paudge i must thank you for the pint it was really nice it went down that quick it never touched my lips !!!! you were in mc"gettigans pub on queen st . did that one time be called mc!canns if so i had many a pint in there.also as a matter of interest did you go to the barbers in queens st the one on the corner opposite benburb st .my pals father was a barber there.
                              May You Be In Heaven Before The Devil Knows You're Dead!

Comment

Saw many a Durango Kid movie but never saw him in a follyupper.Jock Mahony did the stunts for Starret,only learned that years later,didn't know about stuntmen back then,thought the stars did it all themselves.I used to get my haircut in Manor St Olddub,dont remember the name of the barber but I do remember being left waiting while he cut the adults hair even though I was ahead of them,thats the way it was back then as you remember.We kids had little or no rights then.I do remember a barber in Benburb St.I only went to him once because my mates were going there.There was Jack Kearns in Nth King St too,remember him? Went to him sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X